Master's Program/MBA In Telecommunication Management
Telecom Industry snapshot: Worldwide - Total Global Subscriptions is 6 billion, likely to exceed 7 Billion in 2013
Total Global Mobile Revenues to hit $1.5 Trillion in 2012, over 2% of Global GDP, 21% of all patents granted in the US are mobile related Telecom Industry snapshot: India
- World's second-largest mobile phone users base with over 950 Million
World's fourth-largest Internet user with over 121 Million
World's most competitive and one of the fastest growing telecom markets
The industry reached a size of 344,921 Crore (US $65.53 Billion) in 2012 at a growth rate of over 26 per cent
Telecom Industry generates revenue over 3% of India’s GDP
Master's Program in Telecommunication Management (MPTM), commonly known as MBA in Telecom Management or MS in Telecom Management, was started in 2002 by Aegis School of Business & Telecommunication, with the support of Bharti Airtel, to develop future telecommunication managers who understand telecommunication operations from management, finance, legal and regulatory perspectives. MBA in Telecom Management is an interdisciplinary program designed to give you the skills necessary to manage telecommunications networks, including data, video, and voice networks. Telecom Management students understand both: legacy telecom networks as well as modern IP networks.
Why Telecom Management and its Learning Objectives
- Develop cross functional skills for leadership roles.
- Get a clear picture of the telecommunications market and its future direction.
- Understand telecom operations from the management, finance, legal and regulatory perspectives.
- Learn the latest telecom technologies like LTE, WiMax, Cloud Computing, Mobile Money, Social Media, etc.
- Choose a direction in career: Telecom Technologies, Telecom Business, or Business Management.
- Attain a solid platform on which to make strategic, technical, financial and management decisions that are reliable, well grounded and commercially viable.
- Master fundamental business concepts and proven management analysis tools typically taught in MBA programs to guide your analysis, planning, decision and implementation processes.
- Acquire skills to design networks, establish or influence policy, make technology adoption and standard decisions, create cost models for new technology implementations, calculate return on investment, and grasp organizational and user implications of networking systems.
- The best Telecom Management program in India
- Global Credit Unit System: Aegis MPTM is a 54 credit unit program equivalent to any internationally recognized Master's Degree
- Truly Global Perspective in terms of exposure and course curriculum
- 9-month class room teaching and 2-month internship
- Course curriculum is designed with inputs from leading telecom companies
- Course taught by top global faculties and industry leaders
- Smaller batch sizes and focus groups
- Access to video lectures including complete LMS on Tablet
- International exchange programs at Telecom Ecole de Management School, France
- Industry Academic Partnership with CanvasM Technologies Limited for Full time, Part Time, Certification and Conferences in Telecom Management, Enterprise Mobility, Social Media, Marketing/ Digital Marketing, Business Analytics & Big Data, and Cloud Computing.
Who Should Attend
- Candidates aspiring to make career in Telecom Industry
- Fresh Engineers
- Technology and Business managers seeking to grow as cross functional Techno - Management leaders.
- Business Executives and Managers
- IT, S/W & Telecom Engineers and Managers
- Pre sales persons in IT and Telecom Firms
- Managers working in Product Development
- Telecom Market Research
- Digital Marketing
- Media Marketing
- Enterprise Sales
- Enterprise Mobility
- Solution Architecture
- Project and Program Management
- Business Consulting and Telecom Consulting
- Telecom Subject Matter Expertise
- OSS/ BSS Consultancy
Program Structure and Delivery
The pedagogy will be highly interactive taking advantage of technology. The program is a judicious blend of lectures, real life case studies, quizzes, online tests, assignments, etc. Apart from 10 months of classroom training and a 2-month internship, there are live consulting assignments which is an important aspect of the course.
Total Credit Hours of the Program: 54 credit hrs
Each course is of 1 credit hrs to 3 credit hrs Core Courses: 45 credit hrs Elective Courses: 9 credit hrs Two Live Consulting Projects
Two Business Cases
One Telecom Market Report
Internship Delivery Tools
Live Consulting Projects
Online & On Demand Video Lectures
Infosession: On Campus or Online
Application: Online or Paper Based
Assessment: Test & Interview
Academic Association with Telecom Ecole de Management (among the top ten Business Schools in France) and with Spears School of Business at Oklahoma State University (OSU), US. Aegis students can do part of study under student exchange program at Telecom Ecole de Management in Maisel campus in Paris and OSU in Stillwater campus in US.
Top B. School for MBA / MS in Telecom Management: Aegis School of Business and Telecommunication is among the top three schools offering MBA/ MS / PG in Telecom Management in India. Programs in Telecom Management are offered by only 23 Universities across the world.
Consulting and Finest Teaching: We are a truly global consulting Business & Telecommunication management school. We have the right mix of top academicians, practitioners, telecom leaders and first generation entrepreneurs as our professors. Most of them are engaged in core telecom technology, business and also in consulting to Corporate, NGO's, Government bodies, World Bank etc. This offers you immense opportunity to work with our professors beyond the class room, on different live consulting assignments and acquire the vital skills needed for success in life, corporate world and entrepreneurial ventures.
Financial Aid is available in the form of scholarships, work assistance-ships/ assured part time jobs through which you can earn a substantial amount to defray the cost of the course. Major Indian banks also offer study loans.
Global Corporate Connections: Aegis MPTM program was developed to create Future Leaders with
the help of top firms such as Reliance Infocom, Bain, Bharti - Airtel, Qualcom, GTL, Nortel, Cisco, Oracle, Accenture, Boston Consulting Group (BCG), Ernst & Young, Deloitte Consulting, BSNL, Vodafone, Tata Communication, Huawei, Nokia Siemens Networks, TCS, Wipro, Orange, HCL etc.
Placement and Live consulting assignments & internships: Some of the top firms that have employed Aegis alumni are: The Clinton Foundation, Ernst & Young, Bharti - Airtel, Tata Communications, Tata Indicom, Reliance Communications, Vodafone, Idea, VSNL, GTL, Nortel, Ericsson, Nokia, Cisco, Siemens, Leadcap Ventures, Lucent, Avaya, Org Telecom, ZTE, Huawei, Nokia Siemens Networks, TCS, Wipro, Orange, HCL, etc.
Small Class Size: At Aegis you do not study in large classes where you feel lost, and faculties do not know your name. Researchers have found that gains in achievement are multiplied generally when the class size is less than 20 students. Aegis has a small class size, which both facilitates a collaborative and discussion-oriented classroom atmosphere and strengthens your relationship with faculties and the peer group.
Learning Management System (LMS): LMS is designed to manage the learning experience at Aegis. It helps candidates to access lectures on demand at their convenience. Full access is provided on campus via the school's intranet as well as the internet. The resource consists of all the study materials in PPT, Word and html format. Streaming audio and video lectures integrated with PPT of live class room lectures are available on LMS (mUniversity)
Global Credit Hrs System: Globally accepted Credit hr based model. Aegis MPTM/ MBA/ MS in Telecom Management is a 54 credits hrs program equivalent to any internationally recognized masters degree.
Work assistance-ship commonly known as Part Time jobs to all selected and enrolled candidates for MPTM program. Part Time jobs are available with Aegis School of Business and other partner companies like Jaina Systems, Inner Circle, LeadCap Ventures, Aspirtek and Bach Connections. Candidates need to work for 15 hrs a week and they get Rs. 5000 to 10,000 per month.
Industry Academic Partnership with CanvasM Technologies Limited for Full time, Part Time, Certification and Conferences in Telecom Management, Enterprise Mobility, Social Media, Marketing/ Digital Marketing, Business Analytics/ Big Data and Cloud Computing
Aegis Graham Bell Awards and Scholarships as a tribute to father of the telephony, Sir Alexander Graham Bell to identify the talented students who can contribute in the field of Time (Telecom, Internet, Media & Edutainment) through their innovative ideas and/or competency to convert an idea into a reality
Neeladri Bihari Otta, MPTM 2010-11 Working with CGI Consulting, Among world's top 15 consulting firms
How to select a Business School and MBA program featuring Mihir Patel, QS World MBA Tour; Bhupesh Daheria, CEO, Aegis School of Business; Professor Nelson, Sydney Business School; Tes, Emlyon Business School and Dr. Ashish Dwivedi, Hull Business School.
India's only and largest telecom innovation awards: Aegis Graham Bell Award ceremony
Panel on "How India can Ride Innovation Economy" featuring Mr. Bhupesh Daheria, Founder & CEO, Aegis School of Business;
Dr. Manish Gupta, Director, IBM Research - India & Chief Technologist, IBM India / South Asia;
Mr. Vishy Viswanath Poosala, Head of Bell Labs - India, at Alcatel-Lucent, CTO - Mobile Applications Bell Laboratories Alcatel-Lucent
Panel on Mobile Broadband Revolution can change face of India as a part of Aegis Graham Bell Awards featuring Mr. Anshoo Gaur, MD and Head, Amdocs India;
Mr. C.B. Velayuthan, Nokia Siemens Networks;
Mr. V.P.Chandan, Director, Aegis;
Mr. Bhupesh Daheria, Founder & CEO, Aegis and
Mr. Vishy Vishwanath Poosala, Head of Bell Labs - India, at Alcatel-Lucent
Panel on "Beyond Voice: Future of Telecom" as a part of Aegis Telecom Innovation series featuring Mr. Himanshu Kapania, CEO & MD, Idea; Mr. Marten Pieters, CEO & MD, Vodafone and Mr. Ronnie Screwvala, CEO & MD, UTV
Panel on " Developing Eco System for Innovation in Telecom" featuring Mr. V. P. Chandan,Honorary, Director, Aegis School of Business; Mr. Marten Pieters, CEO & MD, Vodafone; Mr. Neeraj Roy, MD & CEO, Hungama Digital Media Entertainment and Ms. Mini Menon, Executive Editor, Bloomberg UTV
Panel on "Significance of 3G launch" featuring Mr. Himanshu Kapania, CEO & MD, Idea; Mr. Marten Pieters, CEO & MD, Vodafone; Mr. Ronnie Screwvala, CEO & Chairman, UTV and Ms. Mini Menon, Moderator, Executive Editor, Bloomberg UTV.
Panel on "Innovations in Telecom Infrastructure" featuring Mr. Mahesh Choudhary, CEO, Microqual; Mr. Vijay K. Aggarwal, Managing Partner, Aegis Leadcap Consulting and Research; Formerly Wholetime Director & CEO, Reliance Infratel; Mr. A. Sethu Raman, Executive Director at Huawei India; Mr. B S Shantharaju, Chief Executive Officer, Indus Towers.
Currently Manager with Airtel
“I certainly could not have credibly fulfilled the position I currently hold without having invested in my learning. The most important thing I learned at Aegis? Well, before I did the program, I thought that the world was technical. I thought that HR, marketing or finance were somehow less important. Now I know the real picture as manager in VSNL. My understanding of various functional areas contributed in my growth and real life learning.”